Summer...if you can call it that :)

Well, we are back from our much anticipated trip to "The River". The only disappointment was the low water levels...no raft trip..Enrique will have to wait for another day ;)

This year we were surrounded by family and friends. I was blessed to have both of my "girls" there, Theresa and Jenn, plus throughout the week got to spend time up there with all 3 of my brothers, my Mom, my Dad, and my Aunt. A very full week that quite frankly left me exhausted!!!lol

Finally, as well, dd's bff made it up with her family!! We have been trying to make that happen for years, and it worked!!! YAY

The kids had a blast as usual at their summer highlight-complete with fireworks and a parade!!

Disappointment hit early this week, as we approached the much-anticipated playground build, the skies opened up, drenching the site, so the call had to be made to postpone......indefinitely. The last 2 days have been spent mostly on the phone calling all of the wonderful volunteers to share the bad news. We are hopeful we will get another date, and proceed once again ( no stress here for me :) )

3 days before we left on vacation, I attended some appointments with my father where we finally got some answers-and not what we were expecting. Dad is terminal and the cancer is inoperable. At this point, we don't have a prognosis as we are waiting for some molecular work ups to be done which will give us an idea how long. I am trying to be strong for my Dad and my kids...I don't think I have really dealt with this. I don't know how to. There is nothing we can do. Basically what we are looking at is prolonging his quality of life for as long as possible-and we could be looking at 5+ years-which in itself is a blessing. We just have to take each day and moment for the gift it is.

Please keep him in your prayers and thoughts-there are miracles every day :)

So, don't know what else I have planned for the summer-just Folk Fest in August. I hope to spend time with friends and family-and I am looking forward to a visit in Oct from some scrapping friends :)

And with any luck, I may carve out some time to Scrapbook too :)

Have a wonderful summer (if we ever really get one-lol)

Cheers

2 comments:

ScrappeeDiane said...

Hey Jodee, it is so nice to see you had time for an update. Wow your life has been full. Your Dad is definately in my thoughts and prayers. Happy Summer to you too GF. Say Hi to Jenn.

Izzy said...

Hi there! things sound like they're keeping you pretty busy...((hugs)). Enjoy the summer :)