Life right now


Once again, I have been more than a little bit delinquent in updating :)

Life for me is incredibly busy right now, but i thought I would let all of my blogging buddies know what is up!!

I am a self-professed volunteer-aholic, and once again it is catching up with me. I am coordinating all of the volunteers for the Community Park upgrade which is taking place July 8-11th. It is very exciting, but certainly taking up a lot of my time. I need 30 volunteers per day, and the fact that it is taking place during the week is challenging, but I am very optimistic!!

Also, I have been a Volunteer with the Edmonton Folk music Festival for 13 years now, and I am calling all of my volunteers right now as well-oy vey!!!!

Plus, I coach my daughters soccer team 2 evenings a week ( we are 5-0!!!!!!!!) I love doing that!!

On top of that, about 3 weeks ago, we found out that my father has Cancer. 2 weeks ago, he had surgery to remove the tumor on his liver, but when they got in, they realized it was too big to remove. They found the primary cancer in his stomach, and removed it plus half of his stomach and part of the bile system. Once he is healed, he will undergo Chemotherapy to shrink the liver tumor-either making it small enough to remove, or put it into remission.

I am grateful for my amazing friends and all of the support I have!! My grandfather is in town now from Arizona, and he will be staying with Dad as long as needed, so between him and I, and my brothers, we will continue to ensure Dad has everything he needs and beat this thing!!!

So, as always seems to be the case-when it rain it pours!!! But, I know GOD never gives you more than you can handle...I will get through this as well.

I will try to update, but between contacting volunteers and keeping family up to date-plus of course normal life with kids-lol, who knows......... :)

Thank you to everyone for all of your well wishes-keep the positive thoughts and prayers coming!! And I hope everyone has a FABULOUS summer!!!!

2 comments:

ScrappeeDiane said...

So happy to get an update, Izzy and I were thinking of you on Monday. Wow busy is right. Good luck with getting and organizing all the volunteers for your events. WTG Soccer coaching Mama. Seems funny to me to have spring soccer, our soccer season is Sept to Mar, LOL. Lots of love & prayers to you and your family to make it through the next little while with all the challenges your Dad will face. Stay positive and maybe we will see you in October 2009.

Izzy said...

I was so happy to receive your email and can now see from the blog why you've been MIA! Wow, you are busy! Lots of thoughts & prayers going out to you & your family during this difficult time with your dad. ((hugs))