Crazy weekend


Friday night was DH xmas party-what a blast! We went on a limo scavenger hunt. Drove around the city(downtown mainly) drinking, and taking pictures of what we thought were the answers to the riddles. My team won. We went for the bonus points first. Picture in a fire hall, wearing a helmet, and in a fire truck. Socks and shoes off, standing in a fountain. Great idea for a party. I know lots of work went into it for the organizers-so hats off to Jenn and Erica-you did a fabulous job!


Saturday, I had to buy groceries for Mom's birthday dinner, so headed into the "Park" and on my way home, stopped in at Crop at the church to pick up a few things ( my 'collection' is just not big enough yet! lol) I was just ready to leave and I look over and see my dear old friend Lorna (she's not old, it's just been awhile!) Her and I were 1/2 of the inseperable 4 in High School. Was so great to see her! We exchanged numbers and she SWEARS she'll make it to the next girls night..........we usually try at least once a year and she has not been since getting married.


Interesting fact about me and my high school buds-3 out of the 4 of us married a man named Robert!


Anyways, so now I was running late, ran home to make a FABULOUS meal for Mom for her birthday. My Aunt, 1 of my 3 brothers and my nephew came as well. It all went very well, and besides the fact that baby David was running a fever of 39.5, a good time was had by all ( we even danced a bit-the Twist and the Macarena!)


Sunday, was the kids xmas party -face painting, visit with Santa, hot chocolate and clowns. Christie the Clown to be exact. She used to entertain when I was a kid and lived in the same complex that I did. Was really neat to talk to her and reminisce.


Then DH went to his old works' xmas party with old co-worker-yes another woman, but she's more like a mother or gramma to him!


I spent the rest of the evening planning a book I am making for my daughter. She loves to draw and write poems and stories, so I want her to have something really special to keep them in.


Hope all are having a wonderful holiday season......


Cheers-Jo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that everything went well...i remember you saying how much you had to do that weekend and thinking OMG...thank goodness it is her and not me!!!!

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

hey girl...i cant leave comments on your other posts...just wanted to stop by and say hi!